Located in the picturesque coastal village Noordwijk, you'll find the Museum Noordwijk, where you can take a deep dive into local history, art, and culture. This museum offers a wonderful glimpse into life in Noordwijk throughout the centuries.
What to Expect at Museum Noordwijk?
- Rich Local History: Museum Noordwijk takes you on a journey through time, allowing you to experience the history of this coastal town from the early Middle Ages to modern times.
- Unique Exhibitions: Discover exhibitions on fishing culture, the development of the seaside resort, and the rich artistic heritage of Noordwijk.
- Art Collection: The museum also houses an impressive collection of paintings by local artists, capturing the beauty of Noordwijk and its surroundings.
- Historical Farmhouse: The museum is located in a 400-year-old inland dune farmhouse, originally used as a fisherman's dwelling and later converted into a farmhouse. This historical setting provides a unique glimpse into life in Noordwijk at the beginning of the 19th century. Admire the beautifully preserved interior of a traditional Noordwijk fisherman's house, complete with original furniture and utensils.
- Noordwijk Costumes: An important part of the museum is the collection of Noordwijk costumes, reflecting local culture and traditions.
Dive into the History and Culture of Noordwijk
This small museum with its unique collection is an ideal destination for history and art enthusiasts, offering fascinating insights into the cultural heritage of Noordwijk.
Furthermore Museum Noordwijk is near the following sights: Museum of Comic Art (±90 m), Lighthouse of Noordwijk (±550 m), De Rollygolf (±700 m), Swimming Pool BinnenZee (±750 m) & Atlantikwall Museum Noordwijk (±850 m).
For informationMuseum Oud Noordwijk
Jan Kroonsplein 4, Noordwijk
tel. +31 713 617 884